Friday 8 March 2019

#3 No one cares??

"Wow. I am so excited. I am about to publish my new song. I personally feel it's so nice. It is sure to garner me some praise. Omg Omg wow!! Can't wait to publish my song. Shoot!!"

 This may be you while uploading a song or trying anything new. More than a half of such enthusiastic folks belong to Category 1, who already build a lot of expectations about the response that they may receive for their work. Only a rare few of them are lucky enough to fetch the same amount of praise that they might have imagined. Others, end up getting a lukewarm response, which in turn leaves them disappointed.
  I have experienced both the shades of this first category. Sometimes, a lot of people have liked and commented on my songs, few times even surpassing the magnitude of reception that I had imagined. However, most of the times, I ended up on the other side: the side of disappointment. There were times when I spent hours on practicing a song and recording it. After doing so, uploading them in a format that suits the audience was another challenge. But to my dismay, all I got was a handful of likes and a couple of comments from the same people who always supported me(I shall forever be grateful to them). So, did I overcome this problem of not being able to gather ample response?
   No, not yet. Even today, I uploaded a song on YouTube, but 5 hours have already passed and I have got only 4 views!! 14 people have subscribed to my YouTube channel, but my video didn't fetch even 14 views!! It took me almost an hour to record, practice and publish this song. So what should I do? Sit in a corner, cry and stop making videos? Haha, NO!
    Let me define Category 2 of people. For these people, the process itself is the outcome. Deep, right? Somewhere, folks belonging to this category know that as they have newly entered this territory of uploading videos, they still have a long way to go. So initially, no matter how good or bad your work is, NO ONE CARES!! You will put the link of your song on WhatsApp status story, but what will people do? They will simply swipe to the next story without giving a damn about your work. This is a bitter reality that "Category-2-people" quickly accept. They know that they only have their process and their commitment which they can take care of. If initially, people don't care about your work, YOU SHOULD NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR RESPONSE. Rather you should keep raising the bar. If you will focus on the process and consistently take pains to make your posts reach a large number of people, the desired response will automatically come. You love your work, right? That's enough for you to keep going! 
   Now in reality, there may be some people who actually care about your work, but at that point they may be unavailable or busy to appreciate it. But accept it: Majority of them belong to your "so called friends" who say "Sure bro, I will definitely listen to your song. You are awesome" but in reality THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW YOUR SONG IS, SO THEY DON'T EVEN MIND NOT LISTENING TO IT.
     I have accepted this reality. I belong to Category 2. I love singing and like a juggernaut, I will keep posting videos. If you listen to my songs, I appreciate it and I am confident that your time won't go waste in doing so. If you don't, it's okay. I don't care if you care or not. I will continue to hustle. If I will take appropriate steps that every successful YouTuber has taken at some point, I will be successful too. As simple as that. Keep hustling!!

P.S. I am going to share the link to this article on my Facebook News Feed as well as my WhatsApp status story. But I know hardly anyone will click on that link and come here. Early days of my work, yo! Not to worry: I DON'T CARE! I love blogging and will keep on posting many articles like this. Ignore them for your good, read them for your better..:)

2 comments: